Since 1934, Kessel Construction has been dedicated to its customers and committed to providing high quality construction no matter how large or small the project. We strive to deliver every project on-time and on-budget without any unpleasant surprises along the way.
We rigorously screen and select our subcontractors and suppliers to not only meet the expectations of our clients and each project but also to meet our own high standards. We value the relationships we have forged over our 85 year history and look forward to serving our clients for many years to come.
The Kessel Construction chronology begins in 1934, when W.O. Kessel founded the company to service the thriving petroleum industry in northern Pennsylvania.
In the 1900s
’34, Kessel provides critical on-site services to drilling companies across Pennsylvania.
‘49, Kessel acquires a Butler Manufacturing builder’s franchise. (Today, Kessel maintains its top 10 longevity status as a Butler builder.)
'56, Dick Kessel joins the company to work alongside of his father William Oscar Kessel.
'64, Kessel expands its services to include sheet metal and steel fabrication while adding erection crews.
‘70, Kessel continues to grow with the addition of concrete foundation services and floor slab crews.
’74, W.O. Kessel passes the torch to Dick Kessel.
’96, Tim Asinger joins Kessel and opens a branch office in Erie, PA.
In the 2000s, so far
’08, Tim Asinger assumes the role of vice president and along with his wife Kristin “Kessel” Asinger, move to the corporate office in Bradford, PA.
’11, Dick Kessel becomes CEO; Tim Asinger is named president. Tim and Kristin Asinger execute a succession plan for the company.
Growth and change
Since the very beginning, Kessel Construction has been recognized for its high quality commercial and industrial building projects. And beginning again in 2009, Kessel is proud to serve the oil and gas industry, following a lull in crude oil production in Pennsylvania during the 90’s.
Kessel Construction is also very community oriented and actively participates in many civic and charitable causes in Bradford and McKean County as well as throughout the Southern Tier of Western NY and PA.
Continuing the tradition
The core principles of safety and quality continue to be a benchmark throughout Kessel’s history.
An 85 year history
- Kessel continues to expand its presence as a leader in the oil and gas industry throughout PA and NY.
- Kessel Construction’s leadership team focuses on ensuring the safety of its employees as well as the safety of its clients.
- Kessel’s commitment to quality is achieved through stringent quality control standards including targeted training, the hiring and repositioning of key personnel as needed, careful project scheduling and implementation, project hand-offs and post-project reviews.
- Kessel maintains its own equipment and self-performs concrete and steel work for the majority of projects.
- All crews are professionally trained in pouring concrete slabs and foundations, steel erection and steel sheeting.
The future - 2019 and beyond!
- Stay tuned...